Scoresby Primary School

Scoresby Primary School - Art 2021

At Scoresby Primary School we use the motto ‘Keep Calm and Carry On!’ Everyone’s resilience was surely tested this year when jumping from Art lessons at school to Remote Learning Art, often with no warning. When Lockdown 6 began, nine of my eleven classes were midway through an art project. The students in 1/2 had to wait over 80 days before they could decorate their cupcakes. Thank goodness they were paper sculptures and not edible cakes!

This year during Remote Learning we have explored coffee then chalk paint, dabbled in photography, practised observational drawings, created mini-Art Galleries and experimented with dot art. We also viewed and designed art inspired by the creations of Andy Goldsworthy and Romero Britto. The mini-Art Gallery was a popular activity with families all working together to create framed mini art pieces.

One positive aspect of Remote Learning is that the students can continue creating rather than pack-up after an hour.

“Tom has been working on this since yesterday and is very proud of it.” (Tom’s dad)

Here is my art work it took FOREVER!” (Russell)

Today's work was really fun, it took a long time but it looks amazing and it's so colourful. I got out so much stuff, I think it will take twice as long to put away.” (Piper)

I am especially grateful for all the Scoresby parents who supported and encouraged their children to create art on Well-Being Wednesdays.

“Thank you for the work set for Visual Arts. It’s inspired some great art work/play this morning in our house.” (Eddie’s mum)

Karen Coster

Visual Arts Teacher

Scoresby Primary School

Foundation

Frank

Cooper

Tom

Kanish

Mia

Ava

Year 1

Kai

Gracie

Leila

Scarlett

Cassius

Oscar

Year 2

Eason

Airlea

Chloe

Alisha W

Lucy

James R

Year 3

Bailey F

Celeste

Rita

Sam

Varsha

Year 4

Taya

Brody

Kimberly

Ava

Mohammad

Year 5

Mia A

Jake G

Joel

Jonelle

Parmiss

Year 6

Calista

Sheena

Callum

Olivia

Blake N